THE SAN DIEGO MODEL
Join the San Diego LEAPS Alliance to accelerate workplace equity! Widespread cultural transformation requires focused regional effort. Key decision-makers are joining forces to transform San Diego into a national model of accelerated progress using the Kim Center’s LEAPS Program.
Be part of the solution! Sign the MOU to become a key player in San Diego LEAPS 2022.
See our sponsorship opportunities.
GENDER EQUITY MATTERS
Workplace Gender Equity drives the economic and social success of communities:
“Fully closing gender gaps in work would add as much as $28 trillion to annual GDP in 2025.” (McKinsey)
Women demonstrate better leadership qualities than men during and after crisis. (McKinsey)
Consequences of Gender Injustice
LOCAL ACTION IS KEY TO CULTURAL TRANSFORMATION
Employers, governments, and individuals are uniting around the LEAPS program to prove the power of structured community action.
HOW IT WORKS
Our regional-level evaluation provides the point-in-time narratives that people need to stay engaged in a long-term process, including:
- What specific challenges our community needs to address
- Where we are making progress
- How we measure up to other communities
- How increased gender equity is improving our regional economy
- How increased gender equity is improving upward mobility for individuals
Major baselines are presented in an interactive online dashboard. Regional LEAPS Assessments are repeated every 3 years.
Once the regional Assessment is complete, local leaders collaborate with the Kim Center to design a locally specific Playbook. They outline clear guidelines and metrics for all employers, governments, and individual community members.
The Kim Center works with local leaders to revisit their Playbook every 3 years after each Assessment.
LEAPS Accreditation (coming 2022)
Our national standards can help:
- Municipalities and socially minded businesses recognize appropriate vendors for procurement advantages
- Concerned individuals reliably identify gender-equitable organizations to invest in, work for, or buy from
- Workforce programs choose employer relationships that will best serve their clients’ opportunities for job success
WORKPLACE GENDER EQUITY DAY PROCLAMATIONS IN THE U.S.
States and cities we have worked with to make this valuable cultural statement
OTHER WORKPLACE GENDER EQUITY DAY PROCLAMATIONS
- San Diego Democratic Party
JOIN THE GENDER EQUITY COLLABORATIVE
Our national and regional partnerships with forward-thinking employers are dedicated to transforming the gender culture of our companies and communities. We support each other through open communication and shared resources, uniting around a common vision and structured action.
Gender Equity Collaborators pledge to:
- CARE about workplace gender equity
- SHARE resources to support Collaborative efforts
- DARE to make change and ask for help